Thursday, March 19, 2015

Florida Georgia Line Concert


On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, I went to go see one of my favorite country music artisits in concert. Their band name is Florida Georgia Line. They have a lot of famous songs such as "Cruise" and "That's How We Do It Round Here". The band has 2 band members named Tyler and Brian. They both play guitar and sing. The concert was at Madison Square Garden in New York City, it was so exiting. I took a train to go to and come home from New York City Everyone in the audience was singing as loud as they could. A group of people even started line dancing in the aisles. It was one of the most exciting concerts that I have ever been to! Hopefully the come back to New York soon so I can see them again!





Vocabulary:

Concert: A live music show in front of an audience
Famous: well known
Guitar: a musical instrument with 5 strings
Train: a fast way of transportation on a track
Audience: a group of people who watch a performace.
Line Dancing: a style of dancing where people stand in a line and do the same dance moves.

Vocabulary Game:
               Find the words in the wordsearch, using the definitions provided .

Guitar                  
                                  Train
Famous
                                  Audience
Concert
                                  Line Dancing


Grammar Point
Present Tense: The present tense of a word is when the action is happening now. To show that an action is happening right now, -ing is added to the word.

walk---walking
talk----talking
cry-----crying

Add -ing to these verbs to make them happen right now.

1. I am __________(walk) to the store.
2. My mom is _____________(make) spaghetti for dinner.
3. Ralph goes _____________(swim) in the lake.
4. The student is ______________(do) their homework.


1 comment:

  1. I love Florida Georgia Line! I saw them last spring in Atlantic City when they opened up for Jason Aldean and it was awesome.

    Your vocabulary exercise is great. I love word searches and I definitely think that is a great way to motivate your students to learn the various vocabulary words in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete